ME!

ME!
Howdy, Pardner

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Art Room

    So, lately I've been thinking a lot about where I eat lunch.  Most people, it seems, eat in the Caf, or the hallways or something like that.  I believe that I eat in one of the most unique places in the school.  The Artroom.  I've been eating there since the second week of grade eight, and being halfway through grade ten now, that place is like home.
    People graduate and people leave our group.  New groups come and go, but in the end, the Art Room never seems to change.  Always, it is the loud, rambunctious, crazy, AMAZING group of people I've come to know and love, in addition to other groups that have, over the years, migrated from around the school. 
    I freaking love the place.  Despite the fact that sometimes, around the end of lunch, you can barely move due to the fact that it's filled to the brim with wildly flailing, laughing, screaming people, there is always someone to talk to about...just about anything.  (and okay, maybe I'm one of the people screaming the most...but that's just so I can concentrate in class later....)
    What I love most about the space, though, is not only the obvious creativity displayed on the wall by the classes who work there or by the people filling it, but the fact that all are welcome.  In the room at any given lunch hour, there are people from all walks of life, or in a more teenagery sense, people from all different groups.  The doors are always open, nobody's excluded, it is a space that's merely fun to be in and screams to the world that anybody in any moon could just walk through the door. 
   And...DAMN do we get up to some shenanagins...*cough LA VIE BOHEME ON THE TABLES cough*

All in all, the room is like my home, the people are like my family, and the feeling I get from just BEING THERE is pure joy.  The artroom can bring my spirits up on the most miserable of days, and I'd like to thank all the people that eat there and that could possibly read that for contributing to one of the happiest places in the school.

Here's a video that shows some of the crap we get up to in the Art Room...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttoTHJr1FnU

No comments:

Post a Comment